Healthy Diet - A Guide to Weight Loss
Here are some weight loss diet tips that can be followed anywhere, everyday:
1. Eight hours after waking up, our metabolism slows down that is why 30 minutes of exercise before dinner will increase the metabolism for about two to three hours. This produces an increase in burned fat even hours after the work out is over.
2. Learn how to make the family favorite recipes and make sure that fats, salt, and sugar are cut out. Substitute non-fat yogurt for cream, stir-fry without oil and use herbs and spices instead of salt to taste.
3. Good cooking and healthy eating begins with learning about nutrition and how to prepare healthy recipes.
4. One of the best sources of vegetable protein is from Soya beans or tofu. All legumes provide some protein, so include lentils, lima beans etc into casseroles and soups.
5. Consult the doctor before beginning an exercise or weight loss program.
6. Slowly eat and chew each bite during meals, as this would decrease one's appetite.
7. Eat before you go food shopping and always prepare a shopping list. Only buy food that relates to your weekly menu plan and don't be tempted to buy goodies.
8. Look for a weight loss "buddy," club, or support mates. This will motivate you to stay and enjoy your weight loss program.
9. Do not skip meals. Skipping meals slicks the body into slowing down the metabolism, attempting to conserve calories during a period where limited fats and fuel are available. Remember that eating increases the metabolism.
10. Buy non-toasted muesli instead of the toasted ones. A plate of toasted muesli contains more fat than a plate of bacon and eggs.
11. Though it's hard at first, try not eating 3 hours or more before bedtime.
12. Remove fat by dropping ice cubes into the baking tray. Fat will stick to the ice cubes.
13. Chili helps to speed up metabolism - even the milder varieties.
14. Drinking hot water instead of cold water in the morning can increase the speed of your metabolism and burn more calories.
15. Make a delicious low fat mayonnaise by combining one teaspoon of Dijon mustard or satay sauce with a low fat yogurt.
16. Try making omelet’s without adding the yolks! A dramatic decrease in fat.
17. Use chicken stock when stir-frying. This will cut down on hidden fat.
18. Make pasta a fast food choice - preparing a pasta meal or salad will only take 10-12 minutes.
19. Substitute baking soda, baking powder, MSG and Soya sauce in cooking.
20. Add alfalfa or mung beans to salad to get extra iron.
21. Stuff vegetables like capsicum and zucchini with flavored fillings or minced chicken, white meat or fish. These are healthy and contain low fat.
22. Take pita bread roll ups or wraps with salad fillings.
23. Complete three small meals and two snacks everyday instead of one or two huge meals.
24. As much as possible do not remove the skins of fruits and vegetables since most of the nutrients are concentrated under the skin.
25. Warm water with just a squeeze of lemon juice before breakfast get the metabolism going for the day, this also help preventing constipation and is excellent for the skin.
Make sure that the right discipline is still practiced to promote consistency on the diet plan. This will lead eventually to a healthy life-style and a more fruitful living without the extra fat and extra pounds on the side.
(Note: This article is the opinion of the author and may or may not be substantiated by scientific fact.)